Birthday Party Guidelines
To Make Birthday Party Reservation
Fill out our birthday party form, call 707-546-4069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add-ons must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and are contingent upon availability
- Payment-in-full is required at time of booking
- You will be charged an additional, refundable, $50 security deposit at check-out (Please note: It may take up to 1 week to receive the refunded security deposit.)
Cancellation Refund Policy
- More than 21 days before party: Full refund, minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace deposit (if applicable)
- Less than 21 days before party: 50% refund, minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace deposit (if applicable) may be available
- Less than 7 days before party: No refund
- In the unlikely event that the Children's Museum should have to cancel a party for unforeseen circumstances, you will be issued a full refund, or may choose to reschedule your party on an alternate available date.
- *ProFace Painter: There is a $50 nonrefundable deposit included in the cost of this Add-On. This means that if the ProFace Add-On is booked and later cancelled in accordance with the above cancellation policy, the $50 nonrefundable ProFace deposit would be retained and the amount refunded for the Add-On would be $75 (Indoor) or $100 (Outdoor).
Change of Date
Change of date or time (if available) may be made no less than 21 days before party. A $25 administrative fee will be incurred.
Rain Contingency Policy - for Outdoor Adventure Pavilion only
- Cancellations due to rain MUST be made no less than 5 days before reservation to receive a full refund, minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace deposit (if applicable).
- Refunds are not available for rain cancellations made less than 5 days before reservation.
- Host may reschedule to a different date no less than 5 days before original reservation.
- Host may request that party be moved to the indoor party room if available, but host must comply with indoor party policies, timeline and guest totals (see website for indoor party details).
- If host chooses to move forward with party in the rain, a 10’ x 10’ canopy can be provided.
All add-on party packages must be booked at least 14 days in advance in order to ensure all staff, supplies and materials are ready for your party. We cannot make exceptions to this.
The party areas are available to you only at the start time of your reservation. While 90 minutes might seem like a short amount of time, our birthday party package gives you and your guests admission to the Museum for the entire day.
If your reservation is early in the day, you may invite your guests to stay after party time to play in the Museum. If your reservation is later in the day, invite your guests to arrive early to play and set a time for guests to meet in the party area for food, activities and celebration.
PlayPal add-on activities (if reserved) will begin promptly 15 minutes after the reservation time begins (Ex: An add-on activity will start at 10:15am for a 10am party reservation).
Less is more. We have found that the less set up there is, the less clean up there is. The Party areas were designed to be festive places to celebrate. Keeping it simple with decorative plates and napkins works great!
The Museum does offer add-on packages that include: PlayPal-facilitated programs, gift bags and Go Green! eco-friendly plates and utensils (more information here).
- Hosts may not tape, tack, or adhere anything to the walls or cabinets. We do have magnet boards in the room to hang cards or pictures.
- Hosts may not bring balloons, inflatables, piñatas, glitter or confetti onto the premises.
- A minimum $100 noncompliance fee will be assessed for failure to follow these guidelines.
We encourage you to be environmentally friendly and consider the impact of what you bring into the Museum. Bring recyclable or reusable materials and take home much of what you bring.
Or, better yet! Less waste, less fuss! The Museum can provide a colorful assortment of reusable utensils, plates, tablecloths and compostable napkins for 30-40 people (more information here).
- $40 for a set of 30
- $50 for a set of 40
General Party Policies
The following items are prohibited on Museum premises:
- Decorations: balloons, inflatables, piñatas, glitter, confetti
- Food/Drink: alcohol, glass bottles, nuts, caterers
- Entertainment: outside entertainers, performers, vendors, live animals
A minimum $100 noncompliance fee will be assessed for failure to follow these guidelines.
Removal from the premises and/or cancellation of the party may also be required.