Children's Museum of Sonoma County
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking an enthusiastic person for our Front Desk Receptionist position, which is an integral part of day-to-day operations and the forward face of the Museum for all visitors. The Front Desk Receptionist primarily interacts with families as they enter the Museum, processes admission and membership purchases, answers Museum phones, and completes administrative tasks while maintaining the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive visitor service at all times. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who thrives on working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a wide variety of job responsibilities and demands.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Reception & Customer Service
- Cheerfully greet all visitors entering the Museum
- Provide enthusiastic and efficient customer service by being knowledgeable of Museum information and policies
- regarding: Admissions, Membership, Donations/Fundraising, Programs, Exhibits, Camps, Special Events, Birthday
- Parties, Outreach
- Communicate Museum rules gently and professionally; remind and enforce as necessary
- Anticipate visitor needs; make proactive suggestions to facilitate a quality Museum experience
- Answer phones and route calls
- Watch for and respond to visitors who may need assistance
- Ensure supervisor or manager involvement as needed to resolve situations positively
- Remain welcoming and approachable at all times to visitors, staff and volunteers
- Actively inform and promote donations on a consistent basis
Cashiering & Administrative
- Open & close the Front Desk; maintain tidy lobby & desk
- Process point-of-sale transactions; follow safe cash handling procedures
- Close & balance cash drawer at end of day; process daily financial report
- Input membership information in database throughout the day
- Document any database discrepancies and forward to Database Manager
- Assist with mailings, data entry and other administrative tasks as assigned
Necessary qualifications & experience
- Experience in a customer service environment required (or equivalent)
- Experience with cash-handling required (or equivalent)
- Bilingual: English-Spanish preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with diverse group of people
- Ability to multi-task & problem-solve
- High attention to detail & follow-through
- Ability to self-manage, and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong math & computer skills, including experience with MicrosoftWord & Excel; ability to learn additional software programs as needed
- Experience working with children preferred
- Must be able to work weekends and around holidays and school breaks (when Museum is open)
- Must maintain professional work standards which include arriving on time, minimal absences, and abiding by dress code
- Ability to attend monthly team meetings
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to assist with tasks that require lifting and bending.
- Ability to make eye contact and smile–repeatedly!
- Hours: Part-time, 16-24 hours per week
- Schedule: Flexible, includes 1-2 weekdays and at least 1 full weekend day. Set upon hiring. Full-day shift: 8:00am-4:30pm; Half-day shift: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Pay Rate: $12/hr
- Reports to: Front Desk Manager
This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
For more info, please contact: Janice Vink, Office Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-546-4069 x 106