Summer Wonder Camp 2018
June 11, 2018-August 10, 2018
At the Children's Museum of Sonoma County, we believe summer is meant for fun, exploration & discovery. Summer camps should be full of immersive, hands-on activities and learning opportunities that encourage children to challenge themselves and mix learning with joy and play.
Summer Camp 2018
This summer, Wonder Camp is a perfect thematic mix of art and science projects along with terrific group activities geared for 5 -8 year olds. Campers experience a variety of different activities ranging from science, technology, engineering, art, music, drama, and more.. Each day of camp is tailored to what inspires campers individually! On selected weeks, campers may also experience interactive demonstrations led by guest instructors from the Santa Rosa Junior College or visit Snoopy's Home Ice to add to the wonder and amusement.
At the end of each week parents and caregivers are invited to an open house, performance, or art show. Summaries of the activities will be emailed weekly to keep parents and caregivers in the loop as well.
Sign up for one week or more – each week is a different mix guaranteed to delight and inspire your young scientist, engineer, pirate, explorer, or artist.
Para el español, haga, clic aquí
5 - 8
All camp sessions are Monday - Friday
Wonder Camp: 9am - 3pm
Early care: 8am - 9am
After care: 3pm - 4:00pm
*Some camps include additional fees
**All registrations will be verified for current membership status
Early Bird Pricing - extended to March 25th!
February 26, 2018 - March 25, 2018
$325.00 — Non-members
$305.00 — Members
$10.00/day — Early care
$10.00/day — After care
March 26, 2018 - Aug 10, 2018
$350.00/week — Non-members
$330.00/week — Members
$10.00/day — Early care
$10.00/day — After care
New this year! CMOSC Wonder Camp
A perfect keepsake of your child's week at Wonder Camp. This t-shirt is made locally, discounted from our retail shirts, and designed specifically for our Wonder Camp! Each week, campers will decorate their shirt to make it their own. Back of shirt says "Wonder Camper."
A limited number of Summer Camp Scholarships are available. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, OR by explanation/demonstration of a need.
Scholarship applications for ALL Wonder Camp sessions are due by April 27, 2018. Scholarships will be chosen via lottery and you will be informed on May 4th.
- Scholarship application and information in english, here
- Solicitud de beca e información en español, aquí
Each camp has a 2:7 (at most) ratio of adults to children. Our camps are facilitated by teachers, early childhood education professionals, and individuals with experience teaching camps.
Each camp group remains the same through the week, and will do the same activities. The only difference between the two groups is who they are in the camp with. If you would like to be in the same camp as a friend, please make sure you check with your friend and register for the same camp - we cannot guarantee any switching during the week.
Sample schedule of what a typical week of camp activities look like:
|Morning||Getting-to-know-you game & water color resist||Needle felting||Scribble Bots||Treasure hunt||Natural dyes with camp bandana|
|Midday|| Balls and ramps |
& Rigamajig building
|Wind tube & marble run engineering||Mythical creature houses||Group game on ball field||Water play & exploration|
|Afternoon||Chemical reactions exploration||Flower prints & seed planting||Face painting & Imaginative play||Ice skating**||open house|
- Each week will have a different variety of activities to choose from, and will include activities that explore art, nature, science, engineering and more!
- Every day also includes time for snack in the morning and afternoon, lunch at noon, and free-play in the Museum.
- **Ice Skating: Wonder campers will go ice skating ($5 additional fee) on Thursdays of the following weeks: June 21 & 28, July 19 & 26, Aug 2 & 9. If your camper does not want to skate, there will be other supervised activities for them to do in the Warm Puppy Cafe at the ice arena.
Payment of camp fees are due in full upon registration.We only take credit card payment through our online registration system or over the phone. We will accept payment by check in-person or by mail.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
- $5 administrative fee for any registration changes at any time
- $50 cancellation fee: Camp fees are refundable or transferable, minus the cancellation fee of $50, if requested up to 3 weeks before the start of the session in which your child is enrolled
- No refunds or credits will be given within 3 weeks of camp start date
- The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County reserves the right to cancel camps not fully enrolled and will issue full refunds in such cases.
- You can login to your Active Network account at anytime and add early or after care, ice skating or another week of camp
Camp Policies & Guidelines
Please see our full list of policies and guidelines, here.