The Access Membership is a reduced-cost, one-year membership to the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County, available to families receiving assistance from a qualifying government or social service organization. These memberships are available through the generosity of our Museum Access For All sponsors and committed donors.
A named member must be present to receive the membership benefits listed below, and will be counted as one of the visitors:
Access 4 Membership: 4 visitors
Access 6 Membership: 6 visitors
Note: Because we are a children’s museum, at least one child must be part of your group to enter the Museum.
To apply for an Access Membership, please submit a completed application and proof of assistance either in person at the Front Desk or by mail.
Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
1835 W. Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Access Membership is available on a “pay what you can” basis with a minimum of $20, but families are welcome to give as much as they are able. This allows us to serve more families that cannot afford to pay regular membership rates.
Once your application is approved, you will be notified by phone or email and have 2 weeks to pay the membership fee to activate your membership. If the fee is not paid, your application will be put back on the waitlist until the next review period. If approved twice and not paid, your application will be considered withdrawn.
• WIC (copy of front cover and appointment list)
• CalFresh/SNAP (dated letter only; do not submit EBT card)
• Medi-Cal/Medicaid (dated letter only; do not submit MEDI-CAL card)
• Free/Reduced Cost School Lunch (dated letter for current school year)
• Cal WORKS/TANF (dated letter)
• CHIP (dated letter)
• Section 8 (dated letter)
• HEAP/LIEA (dated letter or statement)
• Licensed foster parent (dated letter)
• Other government/social service organization (dated letter)
Families will be notified by phone or email (be sure to check your spam folders) within 4-8 weeks of submitting application.
Yes, admission is still required.
If you are an EBT cardholder, you may show your EBT card and photo ID at the Front Desk to receive the discounted admission rate of $2 per person, for up to 6 people. For other discounts, please see our Visit page.
For your first visit as a member, please present your photo ID at the Front Desk and our helpful staff will provide you with information on your membership and how to get a membership card.
Yes. To renew your Access Membership, please submit a new completed application and new proof of assistance either in person at the Front Desk or by mail.
If you do not receive assistance, but cannot afford the cost of membership, you may submit a letter in place of the verification, briefly summarizing your current situation and the barriers preventing your family from visiting the museum. These applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• The Museum offers $3 off on admission for Military adults with ID and up to three guests, and for teachers with CTA card, school ID or other verification and up to three guests.
• If you have a reciprocal membership at another children’s museum within the ACM Network, you can show your current member card and photo ID to receive 50% off your admission for up to six people.
• EBT cardholders may present their photo ID and EBT card at the Front Desk to receive admission for up to six people at $2 per person.
• Note: Some discounts are NOT available during select events.