The Family Access Membership is a reduced-cost, one-year membership to the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County, available to families receiving assistance from a qualifying government or social service organization. These memberships are available through the generosity of our Museum Access For All sponsors and committed donors.
– The parent and partner/spouse, named on the membership.
– Their legal dependent children under 18 years old.
– Any accompanying related adults (grandparents, aunts, uncles, any relative over 18 years).
– One accompanying unrelated adult per visit (i.e., caregiver over 18 years or adult friend).
* Note: During the Snows Days Family Fundraiser and birthday parties, admission rates apply for members. Discounts may be available.
Regular admission rates apply for all non-member children accompanying you, such as friends of your children, your nieces or nephews, or any other non-dependent children. While the first unrelated adult guest is free, regular admission rates also apply to any additional unrelated adults accompanying you or your children.
To apply for an Access Membership, please submit a completed Access application and proof of eligibility either in person at the Front Desk or by mail. If you are mailing in your application, please mail to:
Family Access Membership
Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
1835 W. Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Family Access Membership is available for a minimum of $20, but we ask that families give as much as they are able. Families able to pay a little more will allow us to serve more families that cannot afford to pay regular membership rates. The reduced-rate membership is made possible by the generous gifts from supporters of our Museum Access For All initiative.
Once your application is approved, you will be notified by phone or email and have 2 weeks to pay the membership fee to activate your membership. If the fee is not paid, your application will be put back on the waitlist until the next review period. If approved twice and not paid, your application will be considered withdrawn.
• WIC (copy of front cover and appointment list)
• CalFresh/SNAP (dated letter only; do not submit EBT card)
• Medi-Cal/Medicaid (dated letter only; do not submit MEDI-CAL card)
• Free/Reduced Cost School Lunch (dated letter for current school year)
• Cal WORKS/TANF (dated letter)
• CHIP (dated letter)
• Section 8 (dated letter)
• HEAP/LIEA (dated letter or statement)
• Licensed foster parent (dated letter)
• Other government/social service organization (dated letter)
Approval is dependent on the number of applications currently on the waitlist for review. For this reason, there is a 4-8 week waiting period between submitting your application and completion of review. Once your application is approved, you will be notified either by phone or email (be sure to check your spam folders).
Until your application has been approved, admission is required to visit the museum. General admission is $12 per person, age 1 year and up. If you are an EBT cardholder, you may show your EBT card and photo ID at the Front Desk to receive the discounted admission rate of $2 per person, for up to 6 people. For other discounts, please see our Visit page.
For your first visit as a member, please present your photo ID at the Front Desk and our helpful staff will provide you with information on your membership and how to obtain member cards.
Yes. To renew your Access Membership, please submit a new completed Access application and new proof of eligibility either in person at the Front Desk or by mail.
If you do not receive assistance, but cannot afford the cost of membership, you may submit a letter in place of the verification, briefly summarizing your current situation and the barriers preventing your family from visiting the museum. These applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• The Museum offers $3 off on admission for Military adults with ID and up to three guests, and for teachers with CTA card, school ID or other verification and up to three guests.
• If you have a reciprocal membership at another children’s museum within the ACM Network, you can show your current member card and photo ID to receive 50% off your admission for up to six people.
• EBT cardholders may present their photo ID and EBT card at the Front Desk to receive admission for up to six people at $2 per person.
• Select discounts are NOT available during the annual Snow Days Family Fundraiser.