How You Can Help
Your gift to the Annual Fund the Children’s Museum provides the critical funding necessary to ensure that our high-quality programs, unique exhibits, and varied educational and community outreach programs remain accessible and available to the community. As an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit institution with ticket sales and memberships covering only 20% of the Museum’s operating costs, we rely on generous donors like you to ensure sustainability.
Your contributions support:
- Free membership access for low-income families
- Scholarships for Field Trips for under-served schools
- Mental health support through therapeutic play (Firefighter Playhouse Exhibit)
- Beloved programs, like Story time, Musical Moments, Art Jam! & Crazy, Awesome, Science
- Sensory Friendly Afternoons for families with children with disabilities
- Art supplies for collaborative projects in Ella’s Art Studio
- Talented and dedicated staff with ongoing professional development
Museum by the Numbers
- 150,000+ Museum guests in one year!
- 350 Free family access memberships distributed to families in need
- 23% of children attending summer wonder camps on scholarship
- 3,500 family memberships
- 98 teens and adults who volunteered last year
- 35% of each admission that is subsidized by the Museum and generous donors like you!
The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County was established as a nonprofit in 2005 and grew from the Museum on-the-Go mobile science and art program into the Museum that it is today. Four years ago we opened our doors, starting with Mary’s Garden. A year later we opened the doors to the inside, starting with the Science and Imagination Gallery.
With over 500,000 visits to the Museum in just four years, the Children’s Museum supports families in the community, as well as visitors from all over the region. Last year we welcomed 150,000 visitors with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and inclusion of all people, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, religion, politics or physical, mental, verbal ability. We welcome and children and families of all backgrounds and have become a safe haven of happiness, growth and learning.
The children’s Museum of Sonoma County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by CA law.