The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking an energetic and outgoing liaison to inform the local community about the enrichment opportunities the Museum has to offer. Through directly speaking to families & community leaders, bringing Museum-on-the-Go to local events and schools, and building partnerships with other organizations, this person will create a direct link between the Museum and historically underserved communities in Sonoma County.
- Cultivate relationships across diverse communities to raise awareness of the Museum’s benefits to their children’s healthy development.
- Facilitate regular meetings with community members and leaders to foster relationship building, collaboration, and promote equitable services for families visiting the Children’s Museum.
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials (as requested) that support internal and external communication efforts related to Museum programming and opportunities.
- Provide additional support for other Museum projects by coordinating with and supporting colleagues as needed or requested, including, collaborating with the Communications team on outreach programs.
- Identify events and organizations that would benefit from Museum outreach programs.
- Run outreach programs at select community events, including exhibit set up and break down, communicating and engaging with diverse families, while representing the Museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor about program needs and plans.
- Assist in observation, evaluation, and documentation of participation and feedback.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Driver’s License required.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English and Spanish.
- Speaking, reading, and writing other language(s) relevant to the Museum’s specific location and overall community is a plus.
- Ability to interact with young children and the public with enthusiasm and patience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to work weekends regularly and some evenings as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to stand for long periods, bend, and kneel.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to drive, back up, load, and unload commercial van.
- Ability to travel to events throughout Sonoma County.
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits, reporting to the Director of Visitor Services.
Pay rate: $20-21/hr.
Hours: 40 hours per week including weekends. (Opportunity for flexibility in schedule).
Please Note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Email your cover letter with résumé and 3 references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment with the subject line: “Bilingual Community Ambassador – your name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.