The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking a Facilities Manager to create a positive experience for visitors by actively engaging in and overseeing upkeep and maintenance of the Museum buildings and grounds, as well as its exhibits.
The Facilities Manager reports to the CEO and provides support to Managers and other Museum personnel through facility and site services. The position oversees the hiring and management of facilities staff, performs and/or coordinates building, grounds, and exhibit services. These include systems repairs and maintenance, exhibit maintenance, contractor/vendor coordination, janitorial, emergency preparedness, security, and safety.
- Provide and/or manage skilled maintenance and repair tasks in a timely manner such as: HVAC preventative maintenance, electrical, plumbing, painting, basic carpentry, etc.
- Create, maintain, and archive shared database of vendors, visitor complaints, safety inspections, regular and ongoing maintenance schedules, project completion timelines, facilities records, and equipment data sheets.
- Develop and maintain department budget and other financial data as requested by CEO and CFO.
- Provide and/or manage inspections and testing required for life safety systems including but not limited to: fire alarms, fire sprinklers, water system, elevator lift, fire extinguishers, and security.
- Assist Visitor Services Team with events set up, safety, and security issues.
- Assist in coordination of volunteer workdays for Museum site projects, including preparing equipment, tools, materials, and safety personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Work closely with Exhibit Design Team and Visitor Services team on maintaining and supplying inventory of exhibit loose parts.
- Supervise and train staff on facilities and exhibits safety and maintenance.
- Responsible for leading Oversight Committee meetings where status reports and timely solutions to issues are discussed with CEO and select board committee members.
- Participate in development of new exhibits.
- Additional projects or duties as assigned by CEO and consistent with current assigned duties – including but not limited to exhibit design, construction, and maintenance.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled Leadership Team Meetings.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- BA or BS preferred.
- Five years of experience in construction work, facility maintenance, or in a museum or publicly attended facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trade skills such as carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, etc. preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, efficiently, meet deadlines, and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to work as a team player.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety guidelines.
- Must possess a valid California Drivers’ License.
- Ability to effectively use a computer and telephone to conduct business.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, lift, carry, climb ladders, and work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, reporting to the CEO.
Schedule: Weekdays and occasional weekend days.
This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
Email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Facilities Manager – your name”
- To: [email protected]