The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking an Events Coordinator to increase the presence of the Museum by developing and implementing exciting events.
- Collaborate with team members in creation and development of events.
- Create and implement a timeline of tasks related to all events. Responsible for weekly updates and creating meeting agendas for department leads.
- Develop, manage, and track event budget resources (i.e., event rentals, AV, print and advertising, etc.) and ensure budget is managed efficiently and accurately.
- Recruit, book, manage, and communicate with event contractors.
- Assist Advancement team in acquiring sponsorships and/or in-kind donations to support events.
- Develop, create, and implement event graphics and materials either in-house or in collaboration with outside contractors.
- Manage all pre-event, post-event, and day-of event tasks, including set-up, breakdown, and other physical activities.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Lead fundraising events in collaboration with Advancement team including annual gala, ribbon cuttings, and other donor events.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience in a non-profit or similar type of organization preferred.
- Experience with other business technologies such as Altru and/or Greater Giving a plus.
- Proven technical and computer skills, including experience with databases, MS Word, and Excel; ability to learn additional software programs.
- Experience with leading teams and/or volunteers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; precise and detail oriented.
- Must be available to work weekend, evening, and holiday hours as needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to stand, bend, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits, reporting to the Visitor Services Manager.
Please note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
Email your cover letter with availability, résumé, and three (3) references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment with the subject line: “Event Coordinator – your name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.