The Children’s Museum is seeking a Maintenance Technician to assist the Facilities team with organization, maintenance, and repair of the Museum and exhibits. Willing to train the right candidate.
Create a positive experience for visitors by providing exceptional support in the upkeep and maintenance of the Museum buildings and grounds, as well as its exhibits.
- Troubleshoot broken/non-functioning exhibits.
- Repair and/or replace parts.
- Clean and maintain exhibits on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Repair and maintain Museum buildings, including painting and fixture and/or furniture repairs.
- Assist with grounds upkeep.
- Perform minor carpentry repairs, as well as some plumbing and fixture repairs as needed.
- Assist in facility development as required.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Experience in a handy-man, maintenance, or related job or apprenticeship is preferred.
- Experience repairing and maintaining exhibits similar to those found in a children’s museum is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in carpentry and working with carpentry tools.
- Mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ability to communicate well with team members.
- Must be organized with tools and with daily projects.
- Must possess a valid California Drivers’ License.
- Must be able to work special events as needed.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, lift, carry, climb ladders, and work at a fast pace.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is a part-time, hourly position (16-30 hours per week), reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- Schedule: Flexible work schedule; at least one weekend day required.
- Pay Rate: $18-20/hr.
This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
Email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Maintenance Technician – your name”
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org