Since 2005, the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County (CMOSC) has engaged children in joyful discovery experiences that develop foundational skills, create lasting memories, and spark a lifelong love of learning. Each year, the Museum welcomes 170,000 children and their caregivers to its vibrant and lively location in Santa Rosa, CA.
As a critical member of the Children’s Museum Advancement team, the Marketing Coordinator provides significant and substantive communications support for the museum’s brand awareness and fundraising efforts.
The Marketing Coordinator works with the Director of Advancement and the Director of Operations to increase local and national recognition for the Children’s Museum through sustainable and effective marketing practices and promotional strategies and campaigns across various media platforms.
- Support the Director of Advancement in maintaining the Children’s Museum’s logo and brand integrity.
- Create a bi-weekly e-newsletter, including but not limited to, writing content, sourcing/creating graphics and photos, and working with team to ensure all programs, events, and advancement goals are being represented.
- Coordinate, create, and maintain marketing collateral for the Museum including flyers, brochures, and exhibit materials.
- Responsible for regular updates to the Museum’s website and events calendar.
- Create marketing calendar for upcoming campaigns; plan, implement, advise, and gather materials and information.
- Create and/or oversee graphics and videos for marketing purposes, including but not limited to, flyers, TV screens, YouTube, TikTok, Mail Chimp, social media posts on Instagram, Facebook. Including performing onsite photography and videography of Museum programs and events, as needed.
- Assist with the content and scheduling of social media posts.
- Track social media analytics for Facebook, Instagram, Mail Chimp, and website, and advise changes according to results.
- Support Director of Advancement with marketing budget.
- Oversee photo shoots and graphic design contractors as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with Museum team, board, marketing vendors, and key volunteers.
- BA/BS or equivalent with a major in Creative Writing, Strategic Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Bilingual a plus.
- Experience in a non-profit or similar type of organization preferred.
- Experience in graphic design and creation of print and video materials.
- Proficiency with Canva. Familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design programs ideal.
- Proven technical and computer skills, including experience with databases, MS Word, and Excel; ability to learn additional software programs.
- Proficiency in MailChimp or similar email marketing software necessary.
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar website software necessary.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; precise and detail oriented.
- Must be available to work special events on weekends and evenings and holiday hours as needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to stand, bend, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits, reporting to the Director of Advancement.
Starting pay range: $21.00 to $25.00/hour.
Please Note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Email your cover letter, résumé, and three (3) references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Marketing Coordinator – your name”
- To: email@example.com.
About the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County (CMOSC) is a non-profit organization founded in 2005 with the mission to inspire curiosity and creativity through joyful, transformative experiences.
The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.