The Membership Coordinator is a liaison between the Children’s Museum and its members. This position also assists with Front Desk operations as needed.
Create and maintain affinity for the Museum and sense of belonging in members. Ultimately convert members to donors as their children age out of the Museum.
- Take lead in creating, implementing, and maintaining all aspects of membership program, including processing membership registrations, renewals, and lapses.
- Maintain and update membership records.
- Assist with member communication activities.
- Collect data, track membership statistics, and prepare reports.
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit new members.
- Coordinate with Database Manager and team leaders to track membership revenue, communicate targets, and suggest ways to boost revenue.
- Devise and publish metrics to measure organization’s success in delivering world-class customer service.
- Prepare membership marketing materials.
- Organize events and activities for existing and prospective members.
- Collaborate with Front Desk Coordinator on creation and updates of efficient front desk procedures and policies related to membership sales and usage.
- Learn front desk point-of-sale system and be able to independently welcome visitors and accept payment for admissions, membership, retail, and special events.
- Train team members on membership procedures at Front Desk.
- Cover Visitor Services team breaks and shifts at the front desk as needed.
- Participate in marketing meetings and assist Advancement team as needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Additional projects or duties as assigned by Director of Advancement, Director of Operations, or CEO.
- Bilingual preferred.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; Blackbaud database experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Highly organized.
- Must be available to work special events on weekends and evenings.
- Must be available to work holiday hours as needed.
- Experience using Canva a plus.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
Please note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits, reporting to the Director of Advancement. Starting rate: $21.00 per hour.
Email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Membership Coordinator – your name”
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org