The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking a Maintenance & Exhibit Technician to assist the Facilities & Exhibits Manager with organization, maintenance, and repair of the facility and exhibits.
Under direction of the Facilities & Exhibits Manager, the Maintenance & Exhibit Technician will work in the following areas:
- Repair and maintain exhibits as needed, which may include troubleshooting broken/non-functioning exhibits; repairing and/or replacing parts; cleaning and maintenance of exhibits on daily basis.
- Assist in the fabrication of new exhibits.
- Maintain and repair infrastructure including buildings, fixtures, and furniture.
- Maintenance includes painting, minor carpentry repairs and some plumbing and fixture repairs as well as grounds-keeping.
- Assist team members with special events as needed, which may include set up and breakdown of tables, chairs, and site preparation. This may require working after regular business hours on some occasions.
Must be mechanically inclined, able to troubleshoot problems, follow directions, strong communication and organization skills. Some trade knowledge/experience is preferable.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Position entails lots of bending, lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, and working at a quick pace. Must be able to do manual labor and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Experience in a handy-man, maintenance, or related job or apprenticeship is preferred.
- One to two years of experience repairing and maintaining exhibits similar to those found in a children’s museum is a plus.
- Part time, three days per week as scheduled with Manager.
- Flexible hours.
- Starting compensation: $15/hour.
This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
Email your application documents as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Maintenance & Exhibit Tech – your name”
- To: Raimona White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following items:
- Cover letter
- 3 references (please note affiliation)