The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is seeking a Programs Coordinator to develop and implement outstanding programs that engage and inspire curiosity, creativity, and imagination of visitors to the Museum.
- Lead the Museum’s creative team to collaboratively create engaging, exciting, relevant, and competitive programming experiences across all aspects of the Museum.
- Lead hands-on interactive programs with children.
- Work with Visitor Services Manager on strategic planning and develop benchmarks and evaluation procedures.
- Serve as point person in charge of programming statistics and analysis for marketing, fundraising, budgetary and communications purposes.
- Plan and implement special full-day program events for the Museum, including but not limited to: Fun-struction, First Responders’ Day, and Puppy Day.
- Assist in research of grants and partnerships for programming in coordination with CEO and Advancement team members.
- Assist with all aspects of group visits and party programming.
- Collaborate and be Museum liaison with Charles M. Schulz Museum program team.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, communication, training, task planning, and acknowledgment as needed.
- Additional projects or duties as assigned by Visitor Services Manager or CEO that are consistent with current assigned duties.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, or with specialization in early childhood development or Museum studies preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing and developing programs and program outcomes, ideally in museum or children’s museum environment or related field preferred.
- Supervisor and project management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current state curriculum outcomes/objectives and operations of the local and regional school systems is ideal, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with developmental stages and learning needs of children and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Ability and willingness to interact “hands-on” with children and the public with enthusiasm and patience.
- Must be available to work weekend hours and occasional evenings, as needed.
- May need to travel periodically within Sonoma County, and occasionally nearby counties, during or outside of regular work hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits, reporting to the Visitor Services Manager.
Please note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening.
Email your cover letter with availability, résumé, and three (3) references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment with the subject line: “Programs Coordinator – your name” to [email protected].