The Children’s Museum is seeking an energetic, outgoing Volunteer Manager to create, manage, and maintain a comprehensive, well-organized volunteer program.
To provide ways for individuals to share their talents, skills, and knowledge with the Children’s Museum. In return, the Museum empowers individuals in our community.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer program, including but not limited to on-boarding, training, ongoing support, assessment processes, and reviews.
- Lead and maintain all recruitment and marketing tasks for the volunteer program.
- Assign volunteers to daily schedules, special projects, events, and programs, and supervise in collaboration with the Visitor Services Coordinator.
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer records, ranging from volunteer files to accurate service hours.
- Implement a digital volunteer management database system.
- Recruit, orient, schedule, and oversee volunteers for special events.
- Ensure volunteers gain experience and knowledge of the Museum’s content and mission.
- Engage Museum staff in ensuring volunteer retention, training, and education.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the volunteer program and make recommendations for volunteer opportunities and development.
- Prepare annual volunteer service reports and compose service verification letters when requested.
- Develop and maintain an overall volunteer recognition program.
- Keep Museum’s Volunteer Handbook up-to-date and rewrite/revise sections as needed.
- Build on opportunities to evolve volunteer diversity.
- Additional projects or duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
- BA or BS degree in a related field a plus.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- 2+ years of personnel management experience.
- Direct experience and knowledge of engaging with a volunteer workforce.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with volunteer management systems a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work weekend hours and occasional evenings, as needed.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changes as needed.
- Sensitive to working with diverse audiences.
- Enjoy working with people of all age groups.
- Must be assertive and comfortable leading large groups.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
Please note: This position requires a mandatory background security screening and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits, reporting to the Director of Operations.
Starting rate: $28.50 per hour.
Email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references as a PDF or Microsoft Word attachment (please do not send your application embedded in the text of the email message):
- Subject line: “Volunteer Manager – your name”
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org