Immediately after booking a party with us you will receive:
– A confirmation email with specific details about your reservation date and time
– A transaction receipt for your purchase
7 days before your party you will receive a party reminder email through Active Net
* If you have not received these emails within 24 hours of making the reservation, please email
During the weeks leading up to your party you are welcome to:
– Come into the Museum to view the party venue
– Ask our Birthday Party Coordinator any questions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
(707) 546-4069 x111
*Add-On additions and changes should be completed 2 weeks before your party. Contact email@example.com
– Indoor Party Room for 2 hours -or- Outdoor Party Pavilion for 3 hours
– 15-minute pre-party set-up time for the host
– All-day Museum admission for hosts and guests
– Indoor party designed for 15 children, 30 guests total (includes host family)
– Outdoor party designed for 20 children, 40 guests total (includes host family)
– Museum T-Shirt for birthday child
– Current museum members receive $45 off!
– PDF Invitation – download
– The Basics: Chairs and tables, sink, fridge, wagon to transport gifts
– Add on pizza, cake, drinks, an activity, face painting and gift bags
Indoor Party Room
– Festive painted and minimally decorated 24’ x 14’ room
– Refrigerator/Freezer (standard size) for use during your party
– Two (2) countertops and one (1) sink
– One (1) 24” x 48” folding table (suitable for food and cake)
– One (1) 18” x 48” decorative console table (suitable for gifts and party favors)
– Four (4) trapezoid tables pushed together to create one long 180” x 30” table
– 15-18 youth-sized chairs for guest seating
– Access to a wagon for loading and unloading
– 4 (10“ x 10”) decorative magnet board for photos/signage
Outdoor Birthday Party Space
– Shaded private outdoor area
– Easy access in and out of the museum
– Four (4) large picnic tables
– Four (4) 10’ x 10’ Canopies
– Two (2) stainless steel buffet/side counters and prep sink
– 1 rolling cart for loading and unloading
– Mini Refrigerator
– Wood framed playhouse for imagination play and fort building
Cancellation and Refund Policy
– More than 21 days before party: Full refund, minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace deposit (if
– Fewer than 21 days before party: Partial refund, minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace
deposit (if applicable) may be available
– Fewer than 7 days before party: No refund
– In the unlikely event that the Children’s Museum should have to cancel a reservation for unforeseen
circumstances, you will be issued a full refund, or may choose to reschedule your party on an alternate
Professional Face Painter Cancellation
There is a $50 nonrefundable deposit included in the cost of this Add-On. This means that if the ProFace Add-On is booked and later cancelled in accordance with the above cancellation policy, the $50 nonrefundable ProFace deposit would be retained and the amount refunded for the Add-On would be $85
Rain Contingency Policy – Outdoor Party Area ONLY
– Cancellations due to rain MUST be made no less than 5 days before reservation to receive a full refund,
minus $25 administrative fee and $50 ProFace deposit (if applicable).
– Refunds are not available for rain cancellations made less than 5 days before reservation.
– Host may reschedule to a different date no less than 5 days before original reservation.
– Host may request that party be moved to the indoor party room if available, but host must comply
with indoor party policies, timeline and guest totals (see website for indoor party details). A $15
processing fee will apply.
– If host chooses to move forward with party in the rain, there are (4) 10’ x 10’ canopies in place.
Changes to Schedule
Date and time changes (if available) can be made until 21 days prior to new reservation date. A $15 processing fee will apply.
Right here: download
The host may access the party venue 15 minutes before the start time of the reservation. If you have non-perishable items to store before then, the Front Desk staff can store them for you.
The guest limit for indoor birthday parties is 30 people total. The guest limit for outdoor birthday parties is 40 people total. Total count includes hosts, birthday child, family members and all guests whether they are museum members or not.
*We require supervision from a minimum of one adult for every four children. You and the adults in your party are responsible for supervising the children at all times in all areas of the Museum.
Yes, adults without children are able the birthday party. All guests check-in by writing their first and last names on our check-in list.
Yes. Guests, including those with museum memberships, check-in as party guests at the Front Desk. This is because the party room is a private, exclusive space in the Museum not open to other museum members and visitors.
The host may set-up 15 minutes prior to your reservation start time. Please do not invite guests to the room before your allotted time. Hosts and your guests may enjoy the rest of the Museum for the entire day, before and after your party.
Hosts may arrive early to play and should return to the front desk before reservation time for birthday party check-in. After check-in a birthday party assistant will greet you with a wagon, help you load your things, take you to the party venue up to 15 mins prior to party start time and assist you with setup.
Guests may arrive early to play before the party reservation time. They will check-in at the Front Desk, receive a hand stamp and instructions regarding your party.
How do I know if my party has any additional charges for extra guests?
The Front desk staff will check-in all party guests upon arrival to the Museum and keep track of your totals. Please check-out with the front desk staff when leaving the Museum in order to pay for any overages.
The museum does not provide additional party supplies or decorations other than the already festively painted and minimally decorated party room. Go Green! – Eco Goods (plates, bowls, cup, utensils, napkins) can be purchased through us separately.
– The party room is festively painted and decorated. Party hosts are welcome to add simple decorations
to the surfaces in the room and hang pictures onto the 4 (10” x 10”) magnet boards.
– Please do not tape, tack, or adhere anything to the walls, flags or cabinets.
– Decorations and party supplies must remain inside the party room.
Yes! Please notify front desk staff during check-in if a food delivery is scheduled.
Pizza and dessert can be ordered through us from Mary’s Pizza Shack or Costeaux Bakery. We take can of ordering, delivery and tip!
Please keep food and food consumption inside the party room.
I ordered pizza & dessert with my reservation, when will it be delivered?
Mary’s Pizza Shack
– When pizza is ordered through us at the time of your reservation, we handle the ordering, delivery
– Pizza Arrival:
– Morning parties; pizza will be delivered between 11 AM – 11:30 AM
– Afternoon parties; pizza will be delivered between 1:30 PM – 2 PM
– When dessert is ordered through us at the time of your reservation, we handle the ordering, delivery
– The dessert will arrive before the start time of your party
*Plates, napkins and utensils will NOT be provided unless you’ve reserved the Go Green! Eco Goods add-on.
Yes! All of our birthday parties can include an age-related activity facilitated by our professional party staff and professional face painting by Clementine the Amazing.
Please do not bring latex/rubber balloons (mylar balloons okay), piñatas, glitter, confetti, nuts, glass bottles, or alcohol onto the premises.
A $100 noncompliance fee may be assessed for failure to follow these guidelines. Removal from the premises and/or cancellation of the party may also be required.
Outside vendors and performers are not permitted at the Children’s Museum.
The Museum offers professional face-painting by Clementine the Amazing! See our birthday party webpage for details.
Yes, you are responsible for cleaning up party area before the end of your reservation time; remove decorations, dispose of waste and food in the bins provided, clear counters, tables, refrigerator and floor of your item. Our birthday party assistant will offer their help with clean up 15 minutes before your reservation time ends.
If the room is left excessively messy or damaged your $50 security deposit may not be refunded.
Alcohol is prohibited from the museum premises. A $100 noncompliance fee will be assessed for failure to follow these guidelines. Removal from the premises and/or cancellation of the party may also be required.
Yes, all birthday party celebrations must occur in a reserved party venue only. Items such as cake, presents and decorations are not permitted on museum property unless a party reservation has been made.