Hours and Admissions
June 12th - Aug 28th, 2018
OPEN EVERYDAY: 9 am - 4pm
- Tuesday June 26th - Open to public; large group visit (please be prepared to share exhibits)
- Wednesday, July 4th - Museum Closed
- Tuesday, July 24th - Museum closes to the public at 12 pm for Sensory Friendly Day
- OPEN Wednesday - Monday: 9am–4pm
- Sundays: 9am–11am for Members Only
- CLOSED Tuesdays (open select Tuesdays during winter & spring school breaks)
- Holiday Closures: New Years Day, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day
*For safety reasons, adults are not let in the Museum without children unless they have arranged a tour prior to their visit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour.
*Group visits can occur Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and occasional Fridays, you may experience larger crowds on those days.
- Adults and children: $12
- Babies under 12 months: FREE
- Members: FREE (Please see Membership for more information)
- Seniors (62+): $9
- Military adults with ID: $9
- ACM Reciprocal Memberships with card and ID: $6 (limit: up to 6 people)*
- EBT Cardholders with card and ID: $2 (limit: up to 6 people, including the cardholder)**
*Reciprocal Memberships: Visitors with a current reciprocal membership from a participating Association of Children's Museums organization will receive 50% off admission prices for up to six people. A current membership card from the participating museum is required in order to receive the discount. For a full list of ACM reciprocal museums, visit www.childrensmuseums.org.
**Reduced Admission Rate for EBT Cardholders: The fun and wonder of CMOSC are for everyone. To ensure that CMOSC is accessible to all, we offer a reduced admission rate to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cardholders. Present your EBT card and photo ID at the Front Desk to receive admission for up to six people at $2 per person. To find other participating museums, visit www.Museums4All.org.
The Children's Museum of Sonoma County accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
With many unique features and benefits, the Children’s Museum has a membership suitable for your family or organization. All memberships include unlimited visits for one year.
Museum Admissions Policies & Guidelines
General Admissions Policies
- For the safety of our guests, adults are not allowed in the Museum without children, without prior arrangements
- CMOSC requests that all visitors provide at least one adult caregiver for every 4 children.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult over 18 AT ALL TIMES. Please do not leave your child unattended or unsupervised anywhere inside the Museum.
- On occasion, CMOSC may be closed for facility upgrades or private events. We do our best to notify both members and the general public of any closures, open days and hours are subject to change without prior notice. Please see our calendar or home page for a complete and current listing of closures or special events.
Children's Museum Members Policies
- Membership Card and Photo ID required for every visit
- Family Membership: Related Adult guests are only free when accompanying named member children.
- Grandparent Membership: Grandchildren are only free when accompanying named grandparent members.
- CMOSC membership provides free admission any day except blackout dates for fundraising events, such as our annual Snow Days Family Fundraiser and attendance at birthday parties or field trips.
Other Ways to Visit
If you are a group wanting to visit the Museum, please see our Group Visits page for booking information.
Discover & Go
Families in need are welcome to apply for free admission passes through the Sonoma County Library Discover & Go Program.
Open Door Policy
CMOSC does not turn away visitors due to lack of funds. Families are welcome to visit the museum on a pay-what-you-can basis. To participate, tell the front desk staff that you wish to enter under the open door policy.