The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County is the perfect venue for events large and small. Planning your child’s birthday? Arranging an event? Hosting a gala? Make your party or event WONDER-full and one your guests won’t soon forget with the Children’s Museum.
Picnic Table Parties at the Children’s Museum
Celebrate your child’s birthday or any other major milestone at the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County! All birthday packages include an area designated for your party AND unlimited play at the Museum.
Please note that picnic table parties take place during regular hours and that the public will be present in the Museum during these times.
Picnic table party basics:
If your party size exceeds 20 people total, additional guests may be allowed for an additional fee. Please inquire for full details.
Want to celebrate on a Friday? Please inquire about availability.
Party After Hours at the Children’s Museum
Want to have the Museum all to yourself? You can now reserve the entire Children’s Museum of Sonoma County for an after hours party. Reserve all open areas of the Museum exclusively for you and your guests for two hours of fun!
Private playdate basics:
Please note that these private parties take place after regular hours. If you arrive before the Museum has closed to the public, you will be asked to wait.
Host an Event at the Children’s Museum
Bring people together on a grand scale! Celebrate a special occasion, work function or fundraiser at the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County. With exhibits and installations that both children and adults can enjoy, your party or event at the Children’s Museum will be one to remember.
Private event basics:
Discounts are available to businesses with active corporate memberships as well as other non-profit organizations provided they are able to furnish proof of their non-profit status.
For booking, availability and any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please familiarize yourself with Museum policies and guidelines before arriving. These rules apply to all guests who visit the Children’s Museum. We will strictly enforce these rules for the safety of our guests and our staff.
- Access in and out of the museum is limited to the front entrance only.
- A picnic table area is available if you wish to bring food and/or drinks. Food and drinks must remain in the picnic area only. The host is responsible for providing all food and beverages.
- Unless previously approved by Museum staff, do not bring alcohol, drinks in glass bottles, or foods containing peanuts onto the premises.
- Outside entertainers, performers, vendors, or live animals will only be permitted with prior approval by Museum staff.
- We count all guests at the front desk upon arrival. Any additional guests will be charged.
- For events after regular Museum hours, setup may begin only after the Museum has closed and all exhibits have been reset. If guests arrive prior to the official, agreed upon start time, they will be charged daily Museum admission.
The Children’s Museum is committed to minimizing our impact on our shared environment through active education and leading by example. We provide recycling and compost bins to encourage green choices. Please assist us by being mindful of this when considering what party decorations to bring.
- Please limit all decorations to approved areas only. Please bring your own tablecloths, napkins, plates, bowls, cups, utensils, etc.
- Please do not bring ANY balloons, inflatables, pinatas, glitter, or confetti onto the premises.
- Please do not bring any decorations that must be hung, taped, or otherwise attached to the Museum property.
- For picnic table parties and after hours parties, we require payment-in-full at the time of booking.
- For private events, payment-in-full is due at least 2 weeks before the scheduled date. Any event not paid for in advance is subject to cancellation.
Cancellations and Refund Policies
- For picnic table parties and after hours parties, cancellations made 7 days in advance of the scheduled date will receive a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations made after this cutoff will receive a 50% refund. We will consider requests to reschedule on a case-by-case basis.
- For private events, cancellations made 7 days in advance of the scheduled date will receive a full refund minus a $500 administrative fee. We will review cancellations made after this cutoff on a case-by-case basis, as will any requests to reschedule.
- In the event that the Children’s Museum should have to cancel a reservation for unforeseen circumstances, we will issue you a full refund or may choose to reschedule on an alternative available date.
- Cancellations due to forecasted rain are subject to the policies listed above. Covered eating areas are not available in the event of rain so please plan your party or event accordingly.