Like Museums across the globe, the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County temporarily closed our doors out of concern for the health and well-being of our community.
We were exited and hopeful that our summer Wonder Camp would operate as scheduled. Regrettably, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 camps. We are sad to disappoint our campers and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to the day when we open our doors and welcome you back to play!
School Break & Summer Camps for Kids at CMOSC
At the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County, we believe school breaks are for fun, exploration & discovery. Camps should be full of immersive, hands-on activities and learning opportunities that encourage children to challenge themselves and that mix learning with joy and play.
*Museum Members receive priority access to camp and workshop registration as well as 15% off the tuition price (enter code HANDSONFUN at checkout. (Make sure to enter the code at checkout; we cannot refund after checkout is complete).
Not a Museum member? Join today!
Summer Wonder Camp
July 6 – August 7, 2020
During our week-long Wonder Camp, our campers enjoy a creative mix of STEAM-based programming (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and yes, even Math), coupled with fun group-based activities and games. We schedule each week’s programs so that, no matter what your child’s interests are, they always enjoy a great adventure. Please feel free to join us at the end of each week, as our campers put on an Open House, performance, or art show. Email updates and blog posts area also available to help keep parents and care-givers updated on the campers’ activities. Every day includes hands-on activities, snack, and Museum play.
Sign up for a week or more – each session is a different mix of whimsey and fun for your budding scientist, engineer, pirate, explorer, or artist.
Members: March 2 – 15, 2020
Non-members: March 16, 2020
*New this year we’re offering two weeks of Adventure Play Camp for 8 – 11 year olds
All camp sessions are Monday – Friday
9a – 3p
Early care: 8a – 9a
After care: 3p – 4p
Early care: $10/day
After care: $10/day
*Members receive 15% off tuition price – enter code HANDSONFUN at checkout
* Register for 3 or more weeks and receive $25/per week
*All membership registration will be verified. You will be contacted to pay the additional fee, plus a processing fee, if you are not a current member.
NEW THIS YEAR! Adventure Camp
We’re offering two sessions of adventure camp for campers 8 – 11! (Pricing and timing is the same.)
Adventure Play camp is designed for adventurers ages 8-11 years to experience a more unstructured space that encourages them to be imaginative, creative, and collaborative. Campers will experience risk through play using non-traditional materials and real tools. For more information on the benefits of risky play and Adventure Playgrounds, go here.
- July 27, 2020
- August 3, 2020
CMOSC Wonder Camp T-shirts: $10
A perfect keepsake of your child’s week at Wonder Camp. This t-shirt is made locally, discounted from our retail shirts, and designed specifically for our Wonder Camp! Each week, campers will decorate their shirt to make it their own. Back of shirt says “Wonder Camper.”
Thank you for your interest in Summer Wonder Camp at the Children’s Museum! Our goal is to offer affordable summer camp experiences for all children, no matter your circumstance.
- Due to current events, we are now reviewing scholarship applications on a rolling basis, as we receive them
- Scholarship funding is limited; therefore scholarships are being granted on a sliding scale; we are not able to offer full scholarships this year.
- Submitting the application is the first step of the process and does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship. It is extremely unlikely that last minute scholarship requests will be granted.
- ALL scholarship recipients will be required to pay at least a $50. Camp fees are due at registration.
Upcoming Camp Sessions
Payment & registration
Payment of workshop fees are due in full upon registration. Our registration process is online only, if you have issues with our registration system, or need help registering your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Membership & pricing
Museum members receive early access to workshop and camp registration, AND 15% off tuition. Membership status will be verified for all registrations. We will contact you for the additional fee if you register at the member rate and are not a member.
Registration Changes & Cancellation Policies
- The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County reserves the right to cancel camp and workshop sessions due to insufficient enrollment, and will issue full refunds in such cases. You will be notified at least 7 days in advance if your session is cancelled.
- If you want to make changes to your registration, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- You can login to your Active account at anytime to check your registration status, register for additional sessions, purchase a camp t-shirt, and pay your balance.
- There is a $5 flat administrative fee for any registration changes (including transfers and cancellations) at any time.
- Camp and workshop fees are transferable if you use them within 6 months of your original camp session date.
- If you need to cancel your registration for any reason, you must provide notice 14 days before your session start date to receive a refund less the 10% cancellation fee plus $5. No refunds will be given within 14 days of session start date.
- We are unable to offer refunds for missed camp days due to illness because your camp fees support the operational costs of the camp as a whole. We appreciate your understanding.