Make a fun and whimsical craft out of clothes hangers and other common household items.
Using a clothes hanger as a base, encourage your child’s imagination and creative expression by decorating items such as recycled materials, toys, photographs, pinecones, and whatever you can find! This is a great opportunity to explore your house and yard and look at objects in a new way! Try exploring a theme like things that you love, natural items, space, or whatever you can think of.
- Clothes hanger
- String, ribbon, thread, or yarn
- Found objects
- Paint, markers, art supplies to decorate objects
- Scissors and hole puncher
- If your clothes hanger is metal you can shape it into a circle or square if you want.
- Collect your found objects and decorate them with paint, markers, or whatever you have on hand.
- Use your scissors or hole puncher to make holes in the objects.
- With yarn, string, ribbons, or thread tie your objects onto the clothes hanger at different lengths.
- Hang and behold!