A Fun Toddler Activity to Develop Fine Motor Skills
Ideas or Inquiries
Providing your child with fun, engaging – even challenging – fine motor skills development activities doesn’t always need to be complicated. This game is super simple to set up, uses common household items (a bonus right now!), and can keep your child entertained for a while. Caveat: since cotton swabs might be a choking hazard, please do this under supervision.
- Egg carton
- Cotton swabs
- Sharp knife or scissors (for adult use only!)
- Using the knife or scissors, poke a hole in the bottom of each egg cup in the carton.
- Turn the carton upside down and set out a bunch of cotton swabs.
- The idea is for your kiddo to push the cotton swabs through the hole in the egg cup.
- This action helps to develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.