Ideas or Inquiries
This is a super simple art project which is something we love at the Museum! Using the toy trains to paint is not only fun and a great sensory activity, it also allows for imaginative play, as your child will be using their toy trains in a new, creative way.
- Toy trains (or toy cars if you don’t have toy trains)
- Plates (either paper or regular) – one per paint color
- Set up for this project is quite simple: put some paint on the plates, have your child roll their train through the paint, and then transfer to the paper to make their designs!
- Some creative ideas/additions could be:
- Switch up colors and/or trains/cars
- Talk about how trains can go both fast and slow, and see how the speed affects the painting
- Discuss places you might be traveling to on your imaginary “Paint Train Trip.”