There are many resources for children and families coping with trauma, we have created a list of some helpful resources below.
The Children’s Museum provides this list as a reference tool and does not endorse or claim to have personal knowledge of the abilities of those listed. We offer this list as resource for the public.
- Santa Rosa Support Group – Alisa Ann Rush Burn Foundation
- WildFire, Support After an Emergency: Family Guide, Sesame Street
- Flood, Support After An Emergency: Family Guide, Sesame Street
- Community Provider, Support After an Emergency: Family Guide, Sesame Street
- Children & Recovery from WildFires, Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
- Resources to Help Families of Young Children Cope During Disasters, and Traumatic Events, First 5 Sonoma
- Helping Children After a Wildfire: Tips for Parents and Teachers, National Association of School Psychologists
- How to talk to children about fire and earthquakes before and after they happen, Los Angeles Times
- Helping Children of Color Heal from Collective Trauma, Online Psychology at Pepperdine University