A Shadow Puppet Art Adventure for You!
Are you looking for a great indoor activity for kids that takes little supplies and big imagination? Try making a DIY Shadow Puppet Theater! Kelly guides you through all the steps to create your own mini theater. Make up your own characters and storylines, or borrow from classic favorites.
This at-home-activity is perfect for a day or night inside. Head over to our YouTube channel to find more fun activities to do with your little ones!
Ages 4+ (younger children may need adult help)
- Tape and/or glue
- Parchment or wax paper
- Popsicle or other sticks
- Cardstock or recycled cereal box
- Cut off one side of the box, a large hole in the bottom for the puppets to go, and a small hole on the top towards the back for the flashlight to go.
- Cover the front of the box with wax or parchment paper, tape it on.
- Make a decorative border and marquis (optional).
- Make puppets by drawing characters and cutting out the shapes. Tape them to small sticks so they can be held.
- Put the flashlight in the top hole, tape if necessary to keep it in place. Put puppets up through the bottom and make a show!