Making Sock Puppets is Fun Art Activity Kids Can Do at Home: Ages 5+
Encourage creative thinking and use simple craft supplies and a sock to create a puppet at home. Once finished, spend time making up their character/voice/personality, and possibly put on a puppet show, or have your puppet read one of your storybooks out loud!
Sock Puppet Materials:
- Hot glue gun
- Craft Supplies (ideas below):
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft poms
- Googly eyes
- Plastic pearls
Sock Puppet Directions:
- Put the sock on your hand to get a feel for where the mouth will be.
- The mouth will be created by the crease between your fingers and thumb.
- Once you have a feel for how you want to hold the puppet, mark where you want the eyes to go with the marker.
- Use googly eyes or pompoms or buttons for the eyes to give your sock puppet a face
- Use hot-glue to attach different craft supplies to the puppet to add hair, accessories, or even hands! Use your imagination to create a unique puppet! Be careful however! Hot-glue can be HOT! So make sure an adult is present when making this particular craft.
Check out these other ART ADVENTURES that are sure to inspire and ignite a love for art!