Making Sock Puppets is Fun Art Activity Kids Can Do at Home: Ages 5+
Encourage creative thinking and use simple craft supplies and a sock to create a puppet at home. Once finished, spend time making up their character/voice/personality, and possibly put on a puppet show, or have your puppet read one of your storybooks out loud!
- Hot glue gun
- Craft Supplies (ideas below):
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft poms
- Googly eyes
- Plastic pearls
- Put the sock on your hand to get a feel for where the mouth will be.
- The mouth will be created by the crease between your fingers and thumb.
- Once you have a feel for how you want to hold the puppet and mark where you want the eyes to go with the marker.
- Use hot-glue to attach different craft supplies to the puppet to add hair, accessories, or even hands! Use your imagination to create a unique puppet!